Thoughts on X-Men ReGenesis

As announced today over the AP wire, X-MEN REGENESIS is the tagline for the new core group of X-books spinning out of SCHISM.

Kieron Gillen will be shepherding UNCANNY X-MEN with Carlos Pacheco and Greg Land.

And I'll be writing WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN. My collaborator? The amazing Chris Bachalo.

More interviews with both Kieron and I will be hitting in the coming days. There's not much we can reveal at this point though, as everything hings on events that will be soon be unfolding in the pages of SCHISM.

I can't say who's going to be on my team, other than Wolverine of course. I can't say where they'll be or what they'll be doing. I will say, don't assume you know the full roster for either team based off this one promo image. Both sides will feature their share of surprises.

I can also say, with profound certainty, that I am having the time of my life working on this series.

The AP story
Interview with Kieron and I at Marvel.com

"WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN will have everything I love about the X-Men,” explains series writer Jason Aaron, who will be joined by artist Chris Bachalo. “Big crazy plots, intense character drama, love, sex, anti-mutant hysteria, man-eating aliens, all-new characters, old favorite characters, bizarre space tech, strange transformations, property damage, telepathic shenanigans, Wolverine drinking whiskey, mutants playing baseball. Except perhaps for that last part."


15 comments :

James at: 10:32 AM said...

Is the plan for this to be a monthly, with fill-ins as required? Or is there room in the schedule to wait for Chris Bachalo every issue? (My preference would be for the latter.)

Tyler at: 10:36 AM said...

Hi Jason! Congrats! Pumped about the news. Can you spill the beans on if the Dodsons are leaving the X-Verse?

James at: 10:41 AM said...

Sorry, yes: congratulations! Previous comment was a bit, er... businesslike.

Jason Aaron at: 10:48 AM said...

Yes, WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN will be monthly, and Bachalo will be the main artist. He won't be doing every issue, but the second artist we've added is someone I'm just as excited about.

Jason Aaron at: 10:49 AM said...

Don't know the status of the Dodsons, sorry.

Unknown at: 11:02 AM said...

Hey Jason, congratulations!!! I have read both your Wolverine run and your Ghost Rider one. All I can say is that you are amazing. I hope you will write great stories with Wolverine and the X-Men. Will there be any "seeds" about the next big X-event?

A fan from Greece

Matthew Sitter at: 11:16 AM said...

I had a feeling you'd be writing an X-men book after Schism, and I'm super excited that my hunch was true. This is great news, you and Gillen will make a great duo of X-writers!

Anonymous at: 2:13 PM said...

congrats! i could see big things coming your way for a while now, but especially after you were deemed worthy to be a "marvel architect"

are you still going to be writing wolverine monthly or is someone else taking over since youre writing this? please say you aren't leaving that wolverine...

Jason Aaron at: 2:17 PM said...

Yes, I'll still be writing the Wolverine solo title as well.

Anonymous at: 12:11 AM said...

awesome! then im doubly excited because thats been one of my favorite books recently :)

keep up the good work. you inspire me not only as a write but as a professional. im trying to be a writer and your column makes me excited about writing comics!

Levi Tompkins at: 6:48 PM said...

I've asked every other X Writer for this. Might as well add you to my list.

Can you bring back Maggott, but give him a better codename. I know something is wrong with me, but I thought he was cool.

I gotta say I'm happy with the announcement of you and Mr. Gillen on the core xbooks, I think itll give the xmen a more progressive identity, and will finally shake off the kind of reaching for nostalgia that was started with Whedon's Xmen.

I hope to see a lot of strange and bizarre things, and a lot of character drama. Thinks for your hard work.

Jason Aaron at: 11:08 PM said...

I always liked Maggot too, but the fact that he was called "Maggot" was always a big reason why. No way could you change his name.

Mike Minnick at: 5:31 PM said...

Everything sounds great but no baseball!? You're going to have them throwing the pigskin around instead huh?

Anonymous at: 5:16 PM said...

Can you please add Samurai Cop to Wolverine's team?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5PdbtpkBNE

C'mon, that's a Team-Up that needs to happen.

FB at: 9:15 PM said...

Mr.Aaron, Just want to say I love your work on Black Panther and Wolverine... Also I'd love it if got the chance to write more Black Panther and or took over the BP title/wrote a BP title regularly.. Also I'm looking forward to X-Men : SCHISM and it's aftermath (X-Men ReGenesis).. It going be great it will be to see Jubilee on a main x-team again (especially one lead by Wolverine) & I'm hoping you pick up Storm, Darwin and or Warpath or all of the above for your team as well.. Also it would be really cool to see Jubilee & Shadowcat on the same team imo..


Thanks for your work and your time Eric..

Popular Posts

Blog Archive