Thoughts on the buying of an iPad 2

Yes, I finally gave in and joined the Cult of Apple yesterday, and I must say, waiting in line to buy one of these new-fangled Wonder Tablets was a rather strange experience. There were hundreds of people there, though I managed to beat the bulk of the crowd by showing up right before lunch (sometimes it pays to not have a proper job). I then sat there and wrote comics all day and rather shamefully hid my Android phone from sight, lest the surrounding Apple enthusiasts roust me from the line in disgust. A cheer went up when the doors finally opened at 5. People were clutching their tickets, eager to get inside. "Are you excited?!?" the lady at the door asked me, once I'd made it to the front of the line. "Yes," I replied, though I don't think I seemed nearly excited enough for her taste. Later as I was coming out, new Magic Tablet in hand, the people at the door shouted "Congratulations!" like I had just accomplished something of great importance inside. Instead of having simply purchased a rather pricey new toy for myself and my family, which is what I thought I had just done. I walked away wondering if perhaps it was true. If perhaps I now truly was a better person than most everyone else in the world, merely because I'd had five free hours on a Friday to sit in a lawn chair in front of a suburban shopping center.

My wife has assured me I am not.

As for the Wonderful New Magic Orgasm In A Box Machine, it is indeed pretty cool. Or at least I'm assuming it will be once I've figured out how to fucking use it.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments :

Steven Sanders at: 1:54 PM said...

YOU JUDAS! THIS RIGHT AFTER I TOLD YOU ALL ABOUT HOW AWESOME AND CHEAP A COLOR NOOK IS.

I'll remember this, Jason. I'll remember.

Jason Aaron at: 10:21 PM said...

They lured me in! It's not my fault! Forgive me!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive